Staying Healthy While Traveling for Business
Traveling is a difficult and stressful process with limited options for good, healthy food. Business travel is even more chaotic as meetings, colleagues, and agendas get in the way of your diet and exercise regimes. Barely having enough time to sleep, a few extra steps before your trip allows you to be prepared for what may seem like a break in your routine – All while giving you the needed energy to sustain yourself on your business trip.
1. Prepare for your trip by packing healthy snacks: Almonds, carrots, chopped vegetables, avocados, nutrition bars, etc.
2. Choose deli-style meats when you’re stuck at the airport and hungry. It’s best not to opt for any permed sandwiches without looking at the ingredients first.
3. Skip the pastries and loaded sugary carbs. This will save your energy levels for the next few days.
4. Drink coffee, tea, and seltzer. It will seriously help with cravings and help with stress.
5. Always dressing on the side.
6. Limit high-sugar alcoholic beverages. Stick to wine. It’s classy.
7. Pay attention to mindless snacking while traveling!
8. Eat plenty of lean protein and fresh vegetables.
Of course, allow yourself to celebrate and splurge every once in a while. It’s good to satisfy cravings and shock the metabolic system with a food you rarely eat (chocolate?) or some other kind of sweet treat.
This all takes a lot of will power as you will be socializing with coworkers who are probably not as conscientious as you are about your health. In the end, all that matters is how you feel and what makes your body work best.